Nordic Christmas traditions are rooted in the pagan celebrations of winter solstice. Marking the time of the shortest day and the longest night of the year in the Northern hemisphere, it symbolizes the battle between darkness and light, bringing hope as light rises above darkness and the days become longer.
With so much turmoil in the world and the year drawing to the end, there is an even greater need for peace and light in our lives. We invite you to pause and take a moment to reflect on the year gone by with a cup of herbal goodness in hand.
This year our Treasure Chest: Nordic Christmas is curated exclusively of organic and 100% herbal teas, focusing on wellbeing and mindfulness. We have included 5 different teas, 3 of which were sourced exclusively for this Treasure Chest and come in a full size, as well as a beautiful gift from Ziemeļmeita from Latvia.
Inside the Treasure Chest:
- Nordic Morning (freeze-dries blueberries, fermented fireweed and peppermint) and Summer Evening (blackcurrant leaves, melissa, nettle, meadowsweet and cumin) cold-brew teas as after all it is the height of summer in South Africa! full size, 10 extra large tea bags each
- Hand picked Oregano Flower tea, like a spa day in a teacup as a reminder to be kind to yourself. full size, 35g
- Blossom tea – the most vivid and energising flowers from wild Northern meadows. 5 tea bags
- Nordic Green tea – a green tea born in the North, 100% herbal, traditionally dried fireweed leaves. 5 tea bags
- 1 x 100% linen tea towel by Ziemeļmeita
Presented in our signature bespoke black gift box featuring a Camellia Sinensis illustration, this limited-edition Treasure Chest is only available during the time leading up to Christmas.